If you're wondering how to replace the lead in your mechanical pencil, it's easy!
Just follow these few steps!
How to replace lead in most mechanical pencils
- Remove the cap and the tip.
- Remove the eraser holder that was under the cap to get a new piece of lead out of the storage area.
- Now screw the mechanism all the way out to be sure that that is no lead in the tip end. You do by turning it to the right. There is a very small brass piece that will appear.
- NOTE If you broke a piece of lead in the pencil, you will have get that out. There is a spring that grabs the lead and a broke off piece of lead will prevent the new stick from going in the spring. (Here is how)
- Now Turn cylinder back a little until the smallest brass piece in the tip goes back in a bit.
- Insert new lead into the point, it will grab.
- Turn the new lead into the pencil
There you go! I hope this articled cleared that up for you!