Pen Engraving Information
What is the minimum order requirement?
Everything (except for promotional pens) has a min order requirement of 1 for standard text or personal name engraving.
Pens with a logos have a higher min order requirement.
Can I have a company logo engraved?
- Yes! Here is information on company logo pens and clip emblem options.
How are the pens engraved? What is laser engraving?
- Watch a 20 second video clip of a pen being engraved.
- Why engraving shows up different colors on pens
- All personal names are engraved by precise laser machines. It does not wear off. We do NOT stamp or print names on pens.
- Most pens are engraved on a precision fiber laser engraver. On some we offer (or require) an alternative mechanical engraver.
What does the Free Engraving Include?
- The free or standard engraving includes 1 line engraved on cap of the pen, up to 24 characters and spaces per line in one of standard fonts.
- On some pens only 1 line will fit.
- On others, there is a second line option shown, and the related charge for the second line.
How long does the engraving production take?
- Standard engraving production time is 4-5 business days. Note: Production time does not include shipping transit time.
- If you need a pen quickly, please shop on our Rush Ship Page. These pens have a 1 day engraving time option.
Where is the engraving on the pen?
- For most all pens, the engraving location is on the pen cap as shown in the image below ( default location)
- If the engraving is done on the lower barrel of the pen, is it is described so on the product page.
By request, we can engrave for a left handed person as shown the lower image on most pens with smooth barrels only.
Can I order multiple pens each with different names?
Yes, here are tips for ordering pens with a different names.
What Font Styles can I choose from?
- Information about the text fonts we use for engraving is here: Engraving Fonts
What if I need a engraving in a second location?
- We offer a second line or second location on some pens, it is dependent on the surface of the pen.
- The cost, if available, for the second location for $3.99 per line. On most pens the second location will be the back side of the cap.
- If you need this, please email us.
What will the engraving look like?
- In general on bare metals, like the silver, chrome, and gold finishes the laser engraving will appear a "tone on tone"
- The engraving decoration appears in the color that the results from the laser interacting with the metal and this can vary from pen to pen.
- On a coated metal pen, like a Black barrel, the engraving color will be described on the product page.
- On pens that are deep cut engraved, we will use color fill in the engraving. Some higher end pens offer an upgrade of deep cut engraving, color filled.
- If you have any questions about a particular pen, or call.
- Learn: Why engraving shows up different colors on pens
Can you engrave a signature on a pen barrel?
Engraving Terms Defined:
- Laser engraving: Laser engraving is done by a precision beam of laser light which burns the engraving into or onto the product. It never wears off.
- Deep cut engraving with color fill: Available on some of the mid to higher end Cross Brand Pens, this option is when the engraved cuts into the product, and then the engraved cut is hand filled with color for a very classy finish. The pen is then polished for completion. The fill color is determined by the pen type. Fill colors can be requested.
Do you offer proofs or mockups?
- We offer free proofs or mockups for business orders larger than $250 that have a logo involved. Please email us for a free proof.
- We do not offer free proofs for single "text only" orders. The cost for a proof in these cases is $15 for art time.
If you don't offer proofs for single text orders, how will I know if it is correct?
- For text engraving orders, we simple copy and paste your text exactly as you enter it on the web site, we always center it, and we use the best size and fit when choosing the font size depending on the pen you order. So if what you enter is correct, then the spelling will be correct. See terms of sale for more information on engraving.